- This page is about Bubbles as featured in Powerpuff Girls Ω. For other uses, see Bubbles.
|Origin||The Powerpuff Girls|
|Relatives|| Professor Utonium (Creator/Father)|
|Residence|| Townsville (Formerly)|
Bubbles Utonium is one of the main characters in Powerpuff Girls Ω and a member of the Powerpuff Girls. She originates from the Cartoon Network, The Powerpuff Girls. She debuts in chapter 1 of Powerpuff Girls Ω
Before Powerpuff Girls Ω
Bubbles and her sisters were created in 2003, after Jonathan Utonium tried to create the perfect little girls, with sugar, spice and everything nice. But as he was almost finished, he was pushed by his pet chimp, Jojo, and accidentally hit a strange chemical he was researching. Breaking the flask, this "chemical X", was added to the mixture, resulting in an explosion. Instead of creating regular human beings, Chemical X enhanced their DNA, giving them incredible, superhuman abilities.
On September 7th, 2010, she and her sisters started Elementary school at Pokey Oaks Elementary. As she was on the playground when a combination of sulfur and acetate acid entered her nostrils. This smell warned her that danger was imminent and as she turned around the school building exploded behind her. The green flames of the explosion engulfed her body, causing serious pain. Bubbles survived the explosion however, due to her transhuman physiology. From the smoke, she saw the monster that caused the Omega Event. She is the only one who actually saw the creature. She charged at him for the mass murder he inflicted on the city of Townsville, and for desecration of the Miss Grotke's corpse. Her attack failed however, as the creature disappeared.
Bubbles was one of the 4 survivors of the Omega Event in Townsville in 2010.
Powerpuff Girls Ω
Her memories of the Omega Event still haunted her five years later, as nightmares in which she was forced to relive the whole event. The day before she would go to Megaville Junior High, she had another such a nightmare. She was ashamed that she woke up her sisters and scared the Professor but showed her anxiety to return to school but was hushed by Professor. He reminded her why it is important to return to school.
The next day, things went rather well. She was given a guide, Suzy and befriended Tootie, Dexter and later Eddward. It was clear that she had overcome her anxiety. She was rather impressed by Eddy's backstory when Eddward informed them about him.
Bubbles is amongst the youth of Megaville, that had to attend the reveal of the Omega Memorial Spire. Together with her sisters and Dexter, she would later pay their respects to the deceased citizins of Townsville. When Dexter confronted El Tigre in the center of Megaville, she came to his aid as El Tigre was about to kill Dexter. With Blossom tricking in El Tigre in attacking her, Bubbles and Buttercup grabbed his chained fists, he fired at Blossom. This allowed them to tight him down. After he was taken away by the police, Dexter told them the story of El Tigre and how his city was destroyed during the Omega Event, the only city outside the US, to have been hit.
When they returned to school, it was time for science class and she had to work together with Suzy and Tootie.
Bubbles has history class, when Mandark sent the regenerator Jason Voorhees to Megaville Junior High. After Sensei Jack went to stop Jason, Dexter encouraged Bubbles and Buttercup to help Jack, believing that not even Jack can hold his own against Jason. Although hesitant, she soon raced towards Jack and Jason.
Bubbles, along with Buttercup rescued Sensei Jack from being killed by Jason. As Buttercup started punching the monstrosity, Bubbles helped Jack back on his feet. They soon learned that the battle wouldn't be as easy as expected however when they discovered that Jason was almost invulnerable. In combat, however, Jack and Buttercup realized the secret of Jason's healing abilities and would order Bubbles to pull out Jason's arm. The girl was disgusted by this suggestion, leading Buttercup to test the theory. Although it was shown to work, Bubbles allowed him to escape her grip, out of surprise. This gave Jason the chance to retrieve his arm and allow it to reattach it.
To undo Bubbles' mistake, Buttercup ripped out Jason's heart, immobilizing the immortal. The heart however had a strange influence on Bubbles and soon she became possessed by it. Just as she was about to take a bite from it, which would finish the incantation and allow Jason to take control over her body, Jack saved her. Bubbles had no memories of what happened and would later go with Buttercup to save their sister.
After they entered Mandark's fortress, the latter tried to kill them by puttng up a force field, specially designed to keep those with Chemical X enhanced physiologies inside. This backfired however on Mandark as Coop used Megas to break through barrier and save Bubbles, her sisters and Dexter. Bubbles later stood by Blossom's bedside as she recovered.
As being the joy and the laughter, Bubbles opens up to the Professor by giggling. Bubbles has a tendency to be overemotional, despite the fact of her having a habit to be ditzy, naive and sensitive leading to her sometimes being regarded as the group's weakest link, by friends and foes alike. However, she can become very independent and aggressive, let alone extremely mad when pushed. She is easily scared and panicks even easier. She is extremely protective for her favorite doll, Octi. Bubbles easily makes friends. But most of all, Bubbles is a caring person and a great animal lover, caring for all animals. At one point, she nursed a squirrel, Bullet and gave it Chemical X to fasten its recovery and she was estatic when she met Courage. Her love for animals extent to her being a vegitarian. Her love for animals sometimes take more extreme proportions however as she once tried to adopt a whale and later freed an entire zoo. Other interests of Bubbles seem to be kodomomuke manga, unlike her sisters who are more into American Comics. After the Omega Event, she was left traumatized and had nightmares about it for years.
In the show The Powerpuff Girls, Bubbles has light blue eyes with two blonde pigtails and her hair nicely seperated. She wears a baby blue dress with a black belt, long white socks and Mary Jane shoes. In the Bleedman comics, she wears a blue Megaville uniform that involves a blue skirt and top with red bow attached, which makes up her school uniform which makes up her school uniform. Her regular outfit is the same as her cartoon counterpart, albeit drawn with more detail and accuracy because of her now completely human-like physiology.
Powers and Abilities
Bubbles, being of Powerpuff Girl, can use many different powers and abilities. This includes, but not limited to:
- Density Manipulation: Bubbles and her sisters are able to shift their density, taking the form of a puddle of water.
- Drum Playing: Bubbles is able to play the drums.
- Electrokinesis: Bubbles and her sisters are able to create electricity, in their signature colors.
- Energy Projection: Bubbles and her sisters are able to create powerful energy blasts from their hand.
- Enhanced Roar: Bubbles and her sisters can roar like a bear, mimicing the beast perfectly.
- Enhanced Senses: Bubbles and her sisters' are highly enhanced.
- Enhanced Hearing: Bubbles and her sisters is able to hear things from vast distances away.
- Enhanced Vision: Bubbles and her sisters can see things that are faraway from her, much further than any regular human could and is able to see things on a microscopic scale.
- Night Vision: Bubbles and her sisters are able to see in darkness.
- Supernatural Smell: Bubbles is able to identify the seperate components and their origin of a smell.
- Flight: Like all the Powerpuff Girls, she is able to fly and leaves a blue trail behind in the air.
- Heat Vision: Bubbles and her sisters are able to heat up objects, with only their eyes.
- Imaginary Friend Creation: Bubbles and her sisters were able to create an imaginary friend together.
- Laser Vision: Also a standard Powerpuff power. Like her flight trail her laser eyes are blue.
- Limited Acid Immunity: Bubbles and her sisters have an immunity to most strong acids, remaining unharmed when they would come into contact with acid. She was however harmed by HIM's acid spit.
- Mecha Piloting: Bubbles and her sisters are able to pilot the Mecha, Dynamo, although with mixed results.
- Multilingualism: Bubbles is able to speak multiple languages and master them with little effort, like "Spanish" and "Japanse".
- Zoolingualism: Bubbles has the unique ability to speak with and understand animals. She is known for speaking fluent "squirrel", and is able to combine her linguistic skills, speaking spanish with a giant squirrel once.
- Pyrokinesis: Blossom and her sisters are able to bend fire in their respective signature colors. This ability ranges from fire-breathing to spontaneous human combustion.
- Size Reduction: Blossom and her sisters are able to shrink to incredible small seizes at will. The origin of this ability is disputed, but it is likely caused as a side effect of Professor Utonium's shrink ray.
- Sonic Scream: While Blossom and Buttercup can produce a sonic scream that can cause great damage, Bubbles has mastered this skill.
- Superhuman Durability: Like all the Powerpuff Girls, they can durate much damage. Bubbles was able to resist a pain level of 11, which was the highest power level of Mojo Jojo's laser beam.
- Superhuman Speed: Bubbles and her sisters are able to travel faster than light.
- Short-distance Teleportation: Bubbles and her sisters are able to teleport over short distances. It can be assumed that this however just an example of their impressive speed.
- Superhuman Strength: Bubbles like her sisters is very strong but she seems to be the weakest of the three, although Bubbles can only be stronger than her when she's mad.
- Super Spit: Bubbles and her sisters are able to cause explosions, with their spit.
- Temporary Multiplication: Bubbles and her sisters are able to temporary multiply themselves.
- Thermal Resistance: Blossom and her sisters are able to resist impressive heat.
- Tornado Spin: Bubbles can use this move but does not surpass Buttercup who has mastered this skill.
- X-ray vision: Bubbles is able to view through any material.
- Bubbles is a Type IV Transhuman, being akin to a Demigod.